Russia's Elbrus Nigmatullin and Dmitry Kononets won the Commonwealth of Independent States and Baltic Countries Strongman Championships this weekend.
Elbrus Nigmatullin (left) and Dmitry Kononets (right) won the CIS-Baltic Strongman Championships this weekend. IronMind® | Photo courtesy of WSF.
This competition was organized by Dmitry Kononets and Artem Klimenko of Federation Uralstrong, which is part of WSF. This contest was held in Chelyabinsk, Russia.
Here are the final places and points:
1. Russia 1: Dmitry Kononets and Elbrus Nigmatullin 31 points
2. Russia 2: Alexei Krivosheya and Evgeny Stametov 29
3. Latvia: Rolands Gulbis and Artis Plivda 24
4. Belarus: Sergey Rumin and Pavel Soroka 19
5. Baltic: Markus Mannik and Guntars Kusinsh 17
6. Uzbekistan: Eler Mamadiev and Mirgafur Haidarov 6
"The competition was great," WSF founder Vlad Redkin told IronMind®. "We plan four contests, two of them international, in Chelyabinsk next year. We plan stage of WSF World Cup in Tashkent, Uzbekistan also."
The awards at this contest included the massive medals made especially for this competition. IronMind® | Photo courtesy of WSF.