In the tradition of another heavy Odd Haugen-inspired strongman contest, the 2005 ASA-FitExpo Strongman Challenge won't disappoint anyone who thinks footraces are for track.
Phil Pfister pounds the pavement with a couple of heavy ones at the 2004 Battle of Muscle Beach (Venice, California). IronMind® | Randall J. Strossen, Ph.D. photo.
Here is the tentative list of six events, spread over two days. On Saturday, February 19, Odd is planning:
1. IronMind® Apollon's Axle™ for maximum weight
2. Giant Farmer's Walk with 400 pounds in each hand ("we will take it to another level")
3. A medley consisting of a 600-pound front carry (Zercher style), followed by the power stairs with a 500-pound implement very similar to what was used at the 2004 Battle of Muscle Beach.
Now that everyone is warmed up, the second day will see:
1. Deadlift with a 1200 pound tire on an apparatus, for reps
2. 1,000-pound Yoke carried for 50 feet
3. Stones, carried and loaded (five stones, ranging from 308 to 385 pounds)
The 2005 FitExpo is scheduled for February 18 - 20 in Pasadena, California.