IronMind® has been given the proposed list of events for the upcoming World's Strongest Grip contest first announced here on March 24, and asked for our input, and while we have some definite thoughts, we would like to know what prospective competitors and others interested in grip strength think.
Here are the events, presented as it was given to IronMind®, along with the proposed scoring system:
1. bending a six-inch nail (10 points)
2. bending a six-inch grade 8 bolt (15 points)
3. tearing one deck of plastic cards (10 points)
4. tearing one deck of plastic cards (10 points)
5. tearing two decks of cards (15 points)
6. tearing two decks of cards (15 points)
7. tearing two decks of cards (15 points)
8. grip power stairs, grabbing the plates by their lip (5, 10 and 15 points for the three steps)
9. banana dumbbell press (3 reps for 15 points)
10. one-finger curl (10 points)
11. mini-Atlas stone, lifted with a thumb's up pinch grip (5, 5 and 10 points for the three "stones")
12. holding onto a vertical bar with weight hanging from the wrist, done for time (10 points).
if you would like to comment on them, we welcome your thoughts.