The IHGF has announced its 2020 All-American Stones of Strength qualifying series, which leads to a chance to compete in Fefor, Norway.
2020 IHGF All-American Stones of Strength Qualifying Series
by Francis Brebner
President, International Highland Games Federation (IHGF)
The stage has been set for the first men’s and women’s IHGF All-American Stones of Strength qualifying series, which will be staged over a total of five legs. The top two athletes from each leg in the men’s and women’s series will advance to the finals, which will be held in San Clemente, California, 10–11 October 2020. From there, the winners of the men’s and women’s IHGF All-American Stones of Strength Championships will compete in the renowned Fefor, Norway Power Week at the 2021 IHGF Stones of Strength World Challenge.
Venues for the 2020 IHGF All-American Stones of Strength qualifying series are as follows:
1. World’s Strongest Logger & IHGF Stones of Strength Qualifier, 7–8 February, Redding California
2. Queen Mary Highland Games, 15–16 February, Long Beach, California
3. California’s Strongest Man/Woman, 4 April, Huntington Beach, California
4. Las Vegas Highland Games, 18–19 April, Las Vegas Nevada
5. Dublin, Ohio Irish Festival & Highland Games, 31 July–2 August, Dublin, Ohio
Men and women strength athletes interested in entering any of the Highland games Stones of Strength qualifiers, please contact Francis Brebner on the IHGF Highland Games Facebook page while available slots in the athletes’ line-up are still open.
You can also follow IronMind on Twitter, Instagram and on Facebook.
Want to talk grip, strongman, weightlifting . . . everything strength? Visit the IronMind Forum.